Saturday 2 February 2013

Wonder Woman

Yay, another Wonder Woman book. I will admit that out of all of the New 52 this series is my favourite. Ok, she is now only 23 years old, and wasn't originally made out of clay, but they have kept her essential essence in this series.

In the first volume she found out that she was a daughter of Zeus and now has an interesting family of gods. In 'Wonder Woman: Guts' she has to save a friend who has been kidnapped by Hades. Cue a roadtrip with many gods and lots of action scenes.

I really, really enjoyed this book. I like te Greek mythology and this story delievers it in spades. There's political intrigue and lots of great character stuff. It makes Wonder Woman into a really cool herorine, someone people can look up to again. Not the Wonder Woman portrayed in the Justice League, here she is in control all the time.

This would be ok for high schools, especially having a strong female character as the lead. Reading groups would enjoy talking about the Greek mytholog and how it has been changed to fit the comic. Finally, I would really recommend this book, and as you can see from this blog, it's rare that I do that.

No comments: