Monday 14 January 2013

I'm back

Hello everyone, I'm back. Apologies for the break in reviews, I was made redundant so did not feel like writing book reviews. So to start off again I've chosen a fun one.

This is the story of a young cowboy who is on a mission to bring his family to justice. Only problem is that being a boy, nobody really takes him seriously. It is a very charming book, the artwork is simple, slightly like Peanuts, but it works. It does make you smile. The interludes, mini western stories can be fun or full of pathos. I personally liked the gun slinging penguin.
This would be great for teenagers, and adults. I can see this being very popular in a high school. The violence means that I'd advise checking it before giving it to younger readers.

I look forward to reading more of this series, and I don't often say that.

No comments: